Awoke this morning, as usual, to Culture France -- the radio station I like to listen to. Every week I can understand more words, but still have troubles comprehending full sentences. The early morning program is great for me because it consists of interviews with people new to France. People like me who are learning the language and who talk about everyday events. One morning I felt very sad for the man speaking, an Arab who described how his brothers had all found wives in France, but he had none. He sounded very sad. Also this morning, as I topped the longest hill on my 12km bike ride to school, the fragrance of freshly cooking crepes met me and they smell just like pancakes! On a cold morning there is nothing more inviting and homey than to be surrounded by the warm aroma of Breton crepes.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Mercredi, 24 Marz
Awoke this morning, as usual, to Culture France -- the radio station I like to listen to. Every week I can understand more words, but still have troubles comprehending full sentences. The early morning program is great for me because it consists of interviews with people new to France. People like me who are learning the language and who talk about everyday events. One morning I felt very sad for the man speaking, an Arab who described how his brothers had all found wives in France, but he had none. He sounded very sad. Also this morning, as I topped the longest hill on my 12km bike ride to school, the fragrance of freshly cooking crepes met me and they smell just like pancakes! On a cold morning there is nothing more inviting and homey than to be surrounded by the warm aroma of Breton crepes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment