
Surrounded by cardboard boxes and little piles of possessions sorted along no apparent lines, I am off on a journey toward who-knows-what. Where, however, is known (at least in outline): France, England, Sweden, Germany, and Spain. Taking advantage of unemployment and my savings to challenge myself and visit friends with three months intensive study of French in Brest (http://www.ciel.fr/learn-french/ index.html), one month visiting librarian friends in London, Bristol, Karlstad, Berlin and Bustarviejo, two weeks with brother Keith somewhere in France, one month walking el Camino de Compostela (in a full spirit of atheistic pilgrimage along this medieval route my destination is not so much the cathedral as it is Finisterre, the end of the land:), and a few weeks with sister Natalie in places yet to be determined. I hope you, dear reader, will enjoy whatever posts I may happen to make. My hope is to post once a week from now until I return home to search for a new job. "Home" of course will be in my shoes and backpack for the next seven months. Worldly belongings being placed in a storage unit in Redmond, Washington on December 16. Depart for EWR and CDG on January 4th. Wish me luck!

2 comments:
Elaine, what a surprise to hear from you after my own post-retirement holiday! Wishing you joyous adventures and good luck in your life and geographic journies! Happy New Year! Satia
Elaine, Loved receiving your ezine and news of your travels. How exciting. Hope you get to visit lots of beautiful libraries in your travels.
Karen
Post a Comment